Also known as UT-12, Dinosaur National Monument
Where: Utah (40.4° N, 109.2° W: paleocoordinates 36.5° N, 55.5° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Brushy Basin Member (Morrison Formation), Kimmeridgian to Kimmeridgian (157.3 - 145.0 Ma)
• "basal Brushy Basin Member sediments of the Morrison Formation near Jensen, Utah"
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: "channel"; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
• "several brachiosaur elements including a rib 2.75 m (9 ft) long (Fig. 6B), a distal cervical vertebra, the proximal half of a scapula, and a coracoid"
Collected by J. A. Jensen in 1960
Collection methods: quarrying, surface (in situ),
Primary reference: J. A. Jensen. 1987. New brachiosaur material from the Late Jurassic of Utah and Colorado. Great Britain Naturalist 47(4):592-608 [M. Carrano/M. Oreska]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 96826: authorized by Matthew Carrano, entered by Matthew Oreska on 01.07.2010, edited by Matthew Carrano
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)