Anthozoa - Scleractinia - Rhizangiidae
Parent taxon: Rhizangiidae according to R. Baron-Szabo 2006
See also Sepkoski 2002
Sister taxa: Arctangia, Astrangia, Bathangia, Cladangia, Cryptangia, Culicia, Oulangia, Phyllangia, Platyhelia, Reussangia, Septastrea, Symbiangia
Subtaxa: Rhizangia aotearoa Rhizangia brevissima Rhizangia martini Rhizangia padricensis Rhizangia sedgwicki
Ecology: stationary intermediate-level epifaunal suspension feeder
• Miocene of France (5 collections)
• Oligocene of France (3), Greece (1), New Zealand (1)
• Eocene of Hungary (1), Italy (1), Mexico (2), Slovenia (2)
• Paleocene of Italy (2), Slovakia (2), Slovenia (8), Spain (1)
• Cretaceous of Jamaica (1)
Total: 30 collections including 31 occurrences
Specimen images are retrieved through the ePANDDA API.
Click image to enlarge. Click to access iDigBio record.