Synonyms: Muchocephalus muchos Watson 1962, Rhinesuchus beaufortensis Boonstra 1940, Rhinesuchus broomianus Huene 1931
- Rhinesuchus whaitsi: SAM 1212, a partial skull. Its type locality is Leeu-Gamka , which is in a Capitanian terrestrial horizon in South Africa.
- Muchocephalus muchos: BP/1/350. Its type locality is Ringsfontein, which is in a Wuchiapingian/Changhsingian terrestrial mudstone in the Balfour Formation of South Africa.
- Rhinesuchus beaufortensis: SAM 3009, a partial skull.
- Rhinesuchus broomianus: GPIT 1931 F.1, a partial skull.
Ecology: amphibious carnivore
• Permian of South Africa (3 collections)
Total: 3 collections each including a single occurrence
Specimen images are retrieved through the ePANDDA API.
Click image to enlarge. Click to access iDigBio record.