Rhynchonellata - Spiriferida - Elythidae
Parent taxon: Toryniferinae according to A. Williams et al. 2006
See also Sepkoski 2002
Sister taxa: Plicotorynifer, Spirelytha, Stepanoviina, Taimyrella, Toryniferella
Subtaxa: Torynifer giganteus Torynifer pseudolineatus
Ecology: stationary epifaunal suspension feeder
• Pennsylvanian of United States (1: Utah collection)
• Chesterian of United States (16: Arkansas, Montana, Oklahoma, Wyoming)
• Osagean of Canada (2: Northwest Territories), Mexico (2), United States (10: Indiana, Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Virginia)
• Carboniferous of Canada (15: Alberta, Northwest Territories, Yukon), China (1), United States (82: Alabama, California, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Montana, Nevada, Oklahoma, Utah)
• Mississippian of United States (4: Alaska, California, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah, California)
• Devonian of Canada (1: Alberta), Germany (2), the United Kingdom (2), United States (1: Arizona)
Total: 139 collections including 141 occurrences
Show more details
Specimen images are retrieved through the ePANDDA API.
Click image to enlarge. Click to access iDigBio record.