Alternative combinations: Dicynodon recurvidens, Kingoria recurvidens
Synonyms: Dicynodon clarencei Broom 1950, Dicynodon duvenhagei Broom 1948, Dicynodon gracilis Broom 1901, Dicynodon howardi Broom 1948, Dicynodontoides parringtoni Broom 1940, Kingoria duvenhagei Broom 1948, Kingoria gracilis Broom 1901, Kingoria howardi Broom 1948, Udenodon gracilis Broom 1901
Full reference: R. Owen. 1876. Descriptive and Illustrated catalogue of the Fossil Reptilia of South Africa in the Collection of the British Museum of Natural History.
Sister taxon: Dicynodontoides nowacki
- Dicynodontoides recurvidens: BMNH 47091, a skull. Its type locality is Fort Beaufort, which is in a Wuchiapingian/Changhsingian terrestrial horizon in South Africa.
- Dicynodon clarencei: RC 97, a skull. Its type locality is Hanover, which is in a Wuchiapingian terrestrial horizon in South Africa.
- Dicynodontoides parringtoni: RC 45, a partial skeleton. Its type locality is Bethesda Road Area, which is in a Wuchiapingian/Changhsingian terrestrial horizon in South Africa.
- Kingoria duvenhagei: RC 64, a partial skull.
- Kingoria gracilis: SAM-PK-590, a skull.
- Kingoria howardi: RC 83, a skull. Its type locality is Riversdale, Graaff-Reinet, which is in a Wuchiapingian terrestrial siliciclastic in South Africa.
• Triassic of South Africa (1 collection)
• Permian of South Africa (1)
Total: 2 collections each including a single occurrence
Specimen images are retrieved through the ePANDDA API.
Click image to enlarge. Click to access iDigBio record.