Alternative combinations: Agriochoerus pumilus, Eomeryx pumilis, Eomeryx pumilus
Synonyms: Mesagriochoerus primus Peterson 1934, Protagriochoerus annectens Scott 1899, Protoreodon annectens Scott 1899, Protoreodon medius Peterson 1919, Protoreodon primus Peterson 1934, Protoreodon tardus Scott 1945
Full reference: O. C. Marsh. 1875. Notice of new Tertiary mammals, IV. American Journal of Science 9(51):239-250
See also Emry 1975, Gazin 1955, Golz 1976, Hay 1902, Kelly et al. 1991, Lander 1998, Marsh 1875, Marsh 1894, Peterson 1919, Peterson 1934, Scott 1945, Scott and Osborn 1887, Thorpe 1937 and Wilson 1971
- Protoreodon pumilus: YPM 11890, a partial skeleton (Lower jaw fragments with Mi and portions of M2 and M3 from right side and M2 from left, including also various other skeletal fragments)
- Mesagriochoerus primus: CM 11893, a partial skull (Portion of skull and jaws).
- Protagriochoerus annectens:
- Protoreodon medius: C. M. No. 2962, a partial skeleton (greater portion of the skeleton). Its type locality is Myton Pocket, which is in an Uintan terrestrial horizon in the Uinta Formation of Utah.
- Protoreodon tardus: Its type locality is Beaver Divide Locality 8 (Lower), which is in an Uintan terrestrial horizon in the Wiggins Formation of Wyoming.
Total: 40 collections each including a single occurrence
Specimen images are retrieved through the ePANDDA API.
Click image to enlarge. Click to access iDigBio record.