Where: Costa Rica (8.0° N, 82.9° W: paleocoordinates 8.0° N, 82.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Armuelles Formation (Charco Azul Group), Early/Lower Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.8 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Armuelles Formation. AGE: Pleistocene, according to Ingle (1985) on the basis of microfossils; direct date estimated based on other collections from the Armuelles Formation. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, shelly/skeletal sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the PRI
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTORS: Presumably collected by A.A. Olsson. REPOSITORIES: Collections reposited at PRI.
Primary reference: A. A. Olsson. 1942. Tertiary and Quaternary fossils from Burica Peninsula of Panama and Costa Rica. Bulletins of American Paleontology 27(106):1-106 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 66777: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 16.10.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)