Where: Fiji (18.0° S, 178.5° E: paleocoordinates 19.6° S, 178.4° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Mba Group, Late/Upper Pliocene (3.6 - 2.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Estimated to be from the Mba Group, which overlies the Koroimavua Group (?Early Pliocene), and is overlain by the Verata Group (?Early Pleistocene). AGE: Late Pliocene on the basis of foraminiferal biostratigraphy and stratigraphic position. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position with lithostratigraphic unit.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: poorly lithified lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Rodda et al.; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Rodda, Tupua, Mau, Penjueli, and Komai. REPOSITORY: USNM (formely USGS collections).
Primary reference: H. S. Ladd. 1966. Chitons and Gastropods (Haliotidae through Adeorbidae) from Western Pacific Islands. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 531:1-98 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/J. Millet]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 78066: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 26.01.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)