Also known as Isleta 1; Isleta 2
Where: Bernalillo County, New Mexico (34.9° N, 106.9° W: paleocoordinates 34.9° N, 106.9° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Late/Upper Pleistocene (0.1 - 0.0 Ma)
• faunal composition suggests "that deposition started only a short time before general extinction of Pleistocene mammals"
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: cave; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the LACM
• Museum of Southwestern Biology and Los Angeles County Museum collections
•"collections were made on several occasions by biology students and by the authors"
Primary reference: A. H. Harris and J. S. Findley. 1964. Pleistocene-Recent fauna of the Isleta Caves, Bernalillo County, New Mexico. American Journal of Science 262:114-120 [J. Alroy/J. Alroy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 93141: authorized by John Alroy, entered by John Alroy on 05.01.2010
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)