Where: Panama, Panama (8.9° N, 79.6° W: paleocoordinates 8.9° N, 79.6° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Pacific Muck Formation, Late/Upper Pleistocene to Late/Upper Pleistocene (0.1 - 0.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Pacific Muck, which unconformably overlies various strata of Miocene age in the Panama Canal Basin, including the Culebra [+La Boca] and Panama formations. AGE: Late Pleistocene-Holocene, on the basis of molluscan biostratigraphy and stratigraphic position. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Ex-situ deposit, from presumably only a single subsurface horizon.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: transition zone or lower shoreface; lithified, shelly/skeletal, gray sandstone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Preservation: original calcite, replaced with calcite
Collected by Birkenroad in 1959; reposited in the CAS, FLMNH
Collection methods: bulk, surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: M.D. Birkenroad, 1959. REPOSITORY: Florida Museum of Natural History (FLMNH) and California Academy of Sciences.
Primary reference: A. J. W. Hendy. 2014. Quaternary invertebrate fossil assemblages from coastal marine ecosystems of Bahia de Panama, Panama. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 160395: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 19.08.2014
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)