Where: Peru (14.6° S, 75.7° W: paleocoordinates 15.4° S, 71.8° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pisco Formation, Early/Lower Miocene to Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From either the Pisco or Chilcatay Fm. AGE: Stated in text to be of late Early Miocene to early Middle Miocene age. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by DeVries; reposited in the UWBM
• COLLECTOR: DeVries. REPOSITORY: UWMB, Washington.
Primary reference: T. J. DeVries. 2005. Late Cenozoic Muricidae from Peru: Seven new species and a biogeographic summary. The Veliger 47(4):277-293 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 80528: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.04.2008, edited by Mihaela Krause
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)