Where: Turkey (39.4° N, 26.8° E: paleocoordinates 39.4° N, 26.8° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Mamara Formation, Late/Upper Pleistocene (0.1 - 0.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Mamara Fm, which unconformably overlies the Yalakdere Fm (Late Miocene) and is unconformably overlain by Holocene alluvium. THICKNESS: From individual bed within section of ~10-15m. AGE: Late Pleistocene, based on U/Th dating, 260ka. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From oldest of three coastal terraces.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, fine-grained, coarse sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTORS: Not stated, but presumably Schneider, Witt, and Yigitbas; early 2000's. REPOSITORY: Not stated.
Primary reference: S. Schneider, W. Witt, and E. Yigitbas. 2005. Ostracods and bivalves from an Upper Pleistocene (Tyrrhenian) marine terrace near Altinova (Izmit Province, Turkey). Zitteliana 45:87-114 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 78332: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 02.02.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)