Where: Iran (36.0° N, 51.2° E: paleocoordinates 35.5° N, 50.2° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Vindobonian Marl Formation, Middle Miocene (16.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Vindobonian Marl, which overlies unnamed Paleocene strata, and is overlain by the "Karagan" Spaniodontella bed. THICKNESS: From unit of 40-50 m thick, within section that totals ~375 m. AGE: Chokrakian (Middle Miocene). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From bed 3 (upper of two units in the Vindobonian Marl.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified, concretionary, gray, green, sandy claystone and poorly lithified, concretionary, gray, green, sandy marl
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Not stated, presumbaly P. E. Süssli. REPOSITORY: Not stated, presumably Geological Survey of Iran.
Primary reference: P. E. Süssli. 1976. The Geology of the Lower Haraz Valley area, Central Alborz, Iran. Geological Society of Iran Report 38 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 77195: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 30.12.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)