Where: Egypt (29.6° N, 32.8° E: paleocoordinates 28.8° N, 31.9° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Rudeis Formation, Middle Miocene (16.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Rudeis Fm, which conformably overlies the Nukhul Fm (Early Miocene) of the Gharandal Group, and is conformably overlain by the Kareem Fm (middle Middle Miocene) of the Ras Malaab Gp. AGE: Rudeis Fm is late Early to early Middle Miocene, but collections are from the upper part of the formation = Middle Miocene, and are found at the FAD of Praeorbulina glomerosa curva and Globorotalia peripheroacuta. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From the upper part of the formation.
• member-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: transition zone or lower shoreface; poorly lithified, shelly/skeletal marl
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by El-Hedeny
• COLLECTOR: Presumably by the author, M. El-Hedeny, c. 2000. REPOSITORY: Geology Dept., Faculty of Science, Alexandria University.
Primary reference: M. M. El-Hedeny. 2005. Taphonomy and Paleoecology of the Middle Miocene oysters from Wadi Sudr, Gulf of Suez, Egypt. Revue de Paléobiologie, Genéve 24(2):719-733 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taphonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 78613: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 11.02.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)