Where: Guam (13.5° N, 144.8° E: paleocoordinates 13.4° N, 146.2° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Talisay Member (Alifian Limestone Formation), Late/Upper Miocene (11.6 - 5.3 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Talisay Mbr of the Alifian Limestone, which overlies the Barrigada Limestone (Late Miocene) and is overlain by the Mariana Limestone. Equivalent to the Janum Formation. AGE: Late Miocene on the basis of foraminiferal biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Composite list of undifferentiated Talisay Mbr localities.
• member-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Unknown collectors. REPOSITORY: USNM (formely USGS collections).
Primary reference: H. S. Ladd. 1966. Chitons and Gastropods (Haliotidae through Adeorbidae) from Western Pacific Islands. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 531:1-98 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/J. Millet]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 77939: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 23.01.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)