Also known as The Dome
Where: Mojave County, Arizona (35.3° N, 112.9° W: paleocoordinates 0.6° S, 45.3° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Surprise Canyon Formation, Late/Upper Mississippian to Late/Upper Mississippian (326.4 - 314.6 Ma)
• "section 1, unit 3 of measured section, 23 above base" of formation "in lens"
•"Upper Mississippian-Lower Pennsylvanian"
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: "channel"; lithified siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by S. Beus
• Museum of Northern Arizona collection
Primary reference: W. D. Tidwell, J. R. Jennings, and S. S. Beus. 1992. A Carboniferous flora from the Surprise Canyon Formation in the Grand Canyon, Arizona. Journal of Paleontology 66(6):1013-1021 [J. Alroy/J. Alroy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 92395: authorized by John Alroy, entered by John Alroy on 09.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)