Where: Howard County, Arkansas (33.8° N, 93.9° W: paleocoordinates 37.9° N, 65.7° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Bostrchoceras polyplocum ammonoid zone, Ozan Formation (Taylor Group), Late/Upper Campanian (83.5 - 70.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Ozan Fm, which is regionally overlain by the Annona Fm, both of the Taylor Gp. AGE: Late Campanian on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy; Bostrchoceras polyplocum zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From very top of Ozan Fm.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified lime mudstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Kennedy et al. in 1973-1974; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: W.J. Kennedy, W.A. Cobban, R.E. Burkholder, and B.F. Clardy, 1974-1974. REPOSITORY: USNM, Washington DC.
Primary reference: W. J. Kennedy and W. A. Cobban. 1993. Upper Campanian ammonites from the Ozan-Annona Formation boundary in Southwestern Arkansas. Bulletin of the Geological Society of Denmark 40:115-148 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 83055: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 06.08.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)