Also known as Section 27 (Field No. 255/3-7)
Where: British Columbia, Canada (50.5° N, 127.8° W: paleocoordinates 20.4° N, 115.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Barremian (129.4 - 125.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unnamed lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Barremian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unit 7, near base of section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, shelly/skeletal, gray, argillaceous, sandy limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Jeletzky; reposited in the GSC
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: J.A. Jeletzky. REPOSITORY: Geological Survey of Canada (GSC).
Primary reference: J. A. Jeletzky. 1976. Mesozoic and ? Tertiary rocks of Quatsino Sound, Vancouver Island, Bristish Columbia. Geological Survey of Canada, Bulletin 242:1-243 [A. McGowan/A. McGowan/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88114: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)