Where: Monagas, Venezuela (10.0° N, 63.5° W: paleocoordinates 8.0° N, 32.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Epicheloniceras martinoides ammonoid zone, García Formation, Late/Upper Aptian (122.5 - 112.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the García Fm, which overlies the Barranquin Fm, and is overlain by the El Cantil Fm. AGE: Late Aptian; Gargasiebn; Cheloniceras martinoides zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, sideritic shale
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: mold/impression, replaced with siderite
Reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: surface (float),
• COLLECTOR: Multiple collectoprs. REPOSITORY: Guillaume collection, Compania Shell de Venezuela; Museum of Natural History, Basel.
Primary reference: O. Renz. 1982. The Cretaceous ammonites of Venezuela 1-132 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 87921: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 28.03.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)