Where: Colombia (12.3° N, 71.8° W: paleocoordinates 12.3° N, 71.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Holocene (0.0 - 0.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an unknown lithostratigraphic unit, but unlikely to belong to the Castilletes Fm; lithostratigraphic relationships are not reported. AGE: Stated by Bürgl to be Holocene, on the basis of macrofossil biostratigraphy and stratal position. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: List from a bed 2 m in elevation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; unlithified sandstone and unlithified claystone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Bürgl
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Presumably H. Bürgl. REPOSITORY: Unknown.
Primary reference: H. Bürgl. 1960. Geologia de la Peninsula de la Guajira. Boletin Geologico 6(1-3):129-168 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 97680: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 22.08.2010
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)