Where: Angola (13.0° S, 13.1° E: paleocoordinates 27.5° S, 5.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Albian (112.0 - 109.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unnamed lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Early Albian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within region section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Borges in 1930-1931
• COLLECTOR: Alexander Borges, 1930-1931. REPOSITORY: Not stated in text.
Primary reference: M. K. Howarth. 1965. Cretaceous ammonites and nautiloids from Angola. Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History) Geology 10(10):337-412 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88877: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 23.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)