Where: Jamaica (18.3° N, 78.2° W: paleocoordinates 19.5° N, 68.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Jerusalem Mountain Formation, Campanian to Campanian (83.6 - 66.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Jerusalem Mountain Fm, for which lithostratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: The echinoids Phyllacanthus leoni (Lambert and Sanchez Roig) and Hemiaster indicate a Campanian or Maastrichtian age. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Shales are exposed in a low roadcut stratigraphically below the oyster limestone.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; silty shale
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the BMNH
• COLLECTOR: Not stated in text. REPOSITORY: British Museum of Natural History.
Primary reference: S. K. Donovan, C. M. Gordon, C. J. Veltkamp and A. D. Scott. 1993. Crinoid, asteroids, and ophiuroids in the Jamaican fossil record. Geological Society of America Memoir 182:125-130 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 91196: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 10.09.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)