Where: Brazil (32.2° S, 52.2° W: paleocoordinates 32.2° S, 52.2° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Holocene (0.0 - 0.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Unknown lithostratigraphic unit. THICKNESS: From drill hole of at least 45 m thick, from 3 m thick unit. AGE: Holocene, based of faunal similarity with Uruguan and Argentinian Holocene assemblages. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 24-27 m in drill hole.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: core,
• COLLECTOR: Petrobas Petroleum Company. REPOSITORY: Unknown repository, possibly the School of Geology, National Science Institute, Brazil.
Primary reference: I. R. da Silva Forti. 1969. Cenozoic Mollusks from the drillholes Cassino and Palmares do Sul of the Coastal Plain of Rio Grande do Sul. Iheringia Geologia 2:55-155 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 72125: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 25.05.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)