Where: Ecuador (0.2° S, 90.9° W: paleocoordinates 0.2° S, 90.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Late/Upper Pleistocene (0.1 - 0.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unnamed lithostratigraphic unit, for which stratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Late Pleistocene or Holocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Raised beach, 5-10 m above sea level.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; unlithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Hertlein in 1932; reposited in the CAS
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: L.G. Hertlein, 1932. REPOSITORY: CAS.
Primary reference: L. G. Hertlein. 1939. Marine Pleistocene mollusks from the Galapagos Islands. Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences 23(24):367-380 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 96867: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 06.07.2010
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)