Also known as 98JS7A; Loc. 61
Where: Alaska (68.2° N, 163.2° W: paleocoordinates 48.1° N, 2.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Siksikpuk Formation (Etivluk Group), Leonard (290.1 - 268.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Siksikpuk Formation of the Etivluk Gp. AGE: late Early-middle Middle Permian (middle Leonardian-middle Guadalupian). Fauna assignable to Pseudoalbaillella globosa Zone of Ishiga (1986). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Sample from middle(?) subunit of Siksikpuk Formation (Etivluk Group) overlying Kogruk Formation. Conodont sample 98JS7K, taken from top of Kogruk slightly to southeast (loc. 62, table 6), contained late Meramecian-Chesterian conodonts.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, gray, green, cherty/siliceous shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Kelley in 1998; reposited in the USNM
• COLLECTOR: J. S. Kelley. REPOSITORY: Presumably USNM.
Primary reference: J. A. Dumoulin, A. G. Harris, C. D. Blome and L. E. Young. 2006. Conodont and radiolarian data from the De Long Mountains Quadrangle and adjacent areas, northern Alaska. United States Geological Survey Open-File Report 2006(106):1-174 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 91031: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 31.08.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)