Where: Iran (36.5° N, 52.3° E: paleocoordinates 36.0° N, 51.2° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Konka Formation, Middle Miocene (16.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Konka horizon. No further lithostratigraphic data reported. AGE: Konkian (Middle Miocene). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within the Konkian horizon.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; argillaceous, calcareous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Not stated, presumbaly P. E. Süssli. REPOSITORY: Not stated, presumably Geological Survey of Iran.
Primary reference: P. E. Süssli. 1976. The Geology of the Lower Haraz Valley area, Central Alborz, Iran. Geological Society of Iran Report 38 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 77216: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.01.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)