Where: Xinjiang, China (41.0° N, 84.0° E: paleocoordinates 37.6° N, 74.9° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Aertashi Formation, Early/Lower Paleocene (66.0 - 61.7 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Aertashi Fm, which is overlain by the lower member of the Qimugen Fm (Late Paleocene). AGE: Early Paleocene. Justification not stated, but presumably through macrofossil and microfossil biostratigraphy. Pollen present. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From bed within upper part of the formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shallow subtidal; lithified, dolomitic, gypsiferous, gray, yellow limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the NIGPAS
Collection methods: bulk,
• COLLECTOR: Not stated, but presumably X. Lan and J. M. Wei (1980's). REPOSITORY: Probably Nanjing Inst. of Geol. and Pal., Academia Sinica.
Primary reference: X. Lan. 1997. Paleogene bivalve communities in the western Tarim Basin and thei paleoenvironmental implications. Palaeoworld 7:137-157 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 77847: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.01.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)