Where: Trinidad and Tobago (10.2° N, 62.0° W: paleocoordinates 7.4° N, 49.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Soldado Formation, Thanetian (59.2 - 56.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unnamed lithostratigraphic unit. Presumably underlies supposed Oligocene beds. AGE: Early Eocene, based on authors suggestion of "basal Eocene", correlations to Midway Eocene beds and Clayton, Georgia. Assigned to here to the Late Paleocene based on present day biostratigraphic data. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From bed 2, near base of section.
•JA: "equivalent to European Montian and Thanetian of England" = Thanetian according to Maury 1929
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: open shallow subtidal; lithified, shelly/skeletal, gray, red limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Veatch & Maury; reposited in the PRI
• COLLECTORS: A. Veatch and C. Maury, c. 1912. REPOSITORY: PRI, Ithaca (NY).
Primary reference: C. J. Maury. 1912. A contribution to the paleontology of Trinidad. Journal of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia 15:1-112 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 80170: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 07.04.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)