Where: Colombia (10.8° N, 75.0° W: paleocoordinates 10.6° N, 74.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Tubará Formation, Early/Lower Pliocene (5.3 - 3.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Tubará Formation, which overlies the Las Pedices Group (Early Miocene), and is overlain by the Galapa Group (Late Miocene). AGE: Early Miocene, according Barrios (1960), but assigned by the enterer to the Early Pliocene based on more recent biostratigraphic correlations. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Bürgl
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: H. Bürgl. REPOSITORY: Museo Geológico Nacional, Bogota, Colombia.
Primary reference: M. Barrios. 1960. Algunos moluscos del Terciario Medio de Colombia. Boletin Geologico 6(1-3):213-306 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 133232: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 06.09.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)