Where: Dominican Republic (19.5° N, 71.2° W: paleocoordinates 19.5° N, 70.8° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Gurabo Formation, Early/Lower Pliocene (5.3 - 3.6 Ma)
• From Zone A. Section approximately 300 ft thick.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; poorly lithified, blue claystone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite
Reposited in the PRI
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collections reposited at Cornell University and now reside at PRI.
Primary reference: C. J. Maury. 1917. Santo Domingo type sections and fossils. Bulletins of American Paleontology 5(30):1-43 [A. Miller/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 58818: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.02.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)