Where: Antarctica (64.2° S, 57.8° W: paleocoordinates 67.5° S, 48.4° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Kotick Point Formation, Albian (113.0 - 100.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Kotick Point Fm, which is regionally overlain by the Whisky Bay Fm (Albian-Coniacian). AGE: Albian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy; here placed in the Albian on the basis of stratigraphic position. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From beds in upper part of the section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; lithified, sandy conglomerate
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Presumably the authors, F. A. Medina, L. Buatois, A. Lopez Angriman. REPOSITORY: Not stated in text.
Primary reference: F. A. Medina, L. Buatois, and A. Lopez Angriman. 1992. Estratigrafia del Grupo Gustav en la Isla James Ross, Antartida. Geologia de la Isla James Ross 167-192 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 83557: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 22.08.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)