Where: Waukesha County, Wisconsin (43.0° N, 88.2° W: paleocoordinates 21.0° S, 53.9° W)
• coordinate based on political unit
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Aeronian to Aeronian (440.8 - 433.4 Ma)
• "Aeronian to early Telychian." This collection lumps a member of overlying formation (Franklin member of Waukesha Fm.) with the Byron Fm. Both share the same lithology, according to author.
• group-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: deep subtidal ramp; lithified, burrowed, cherty/siliceous dolomite
Preservation: replaced with silica
Collection methods: bulk,
• "The fauna was discovered only as a result of routine processing of samples for conodonts."
Primary reference: R. Watkins. 1995. A silicified deep-water Silurian fauna from SE Wisconsin. Abstracts with Programs - Geological Society of America 27(3):94-94 [J. Alroy/M. Sommers/A. Clement]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 2846: authorized by John Alroy, entered by Mike Sommers on 21.07.1999
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)