Where: California (36.0° N, 117.0° W: paleocoordinates 26.1° S, 61.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Hidden Valley Dolomite Formation, Helderberg (416.0 - 391.9 Ma)
• upper Hidden Valley Dolomite. This unit spans Late Silurian through Early Devonian, according to USGS online lexicon of stratigraphic names. Boucot states that this collection is of post-Lochkovian age.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Reposited in the USNM
• Abundances stated in text.
Primary reference: A. J. Boucot. 1999. Some Wenlockian-Geddinian, chiefly brachiopod dominated communities of North America. In A. J. Boucot, J. D. Lawson (eds.), Paleocommunities--a case study from the Silurian and Lower Devonian 549-591 [M. Foote/M. Foote/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 24870: authorized by Michael Foote, entered by Michael Foote on 21.08.2002
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)