Where: Costa Rica (10.0° N, 84.3° W: paleocoordinates 9.5° N, 82.5° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Miocene to Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 5.3 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unnamed lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Early-Late Miocene, based on correlation of echinoid faunas with other assemblages; appears similar in age to Mesón and Tuxpan Fms of Mesico and the Ojo de Agua Fm of Venezuela. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; poorly lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Malavassi in 1957; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: E. Malavassi V, 1957. REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: J. W. Durham. 1961. Miocene echinoids from the Valle Central, Costa Rica. Journal of Paleontology 35(3):480-488 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92098: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 29.10.2009, edited by Pedro Monarrez
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)