Where: Antigua and Barbuda (17.2° N, 61.9° W: paleocoordinates 16.4° N, 60.9° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Antigua Formation, Late/Upper Oligocene (28.4 - 23.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Antigua Fm. Lithostratigraphic relationships not discussed in publication. AGE: Late Oligocene according to text based on macro- and microfaunal biostratigraphy, and supported by more recent publications. THICKNESS: Formation attains a thickness of 1500 ft. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: reef, buildup or bioherm; lithified, shelly/skeletal marl
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original calcite, replaced with calcite
Collected by Spencer in 1915
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Spencer, c. 1900-1901. REPOSITORY: Not stated, but is likely to be USNM, Washington as they were identified by W. H. Dall.
Primary reference: A. P. Brown. 1913. Notes on the Geology of the Island of Antigua. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia 584-616 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 80290: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 10.04.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)