Also known as GS 1029
Where: New Zealand (37.9° S, 175.1° E: paleocoordinates 48.8° S, 179.4° W)
• coordinate based on unpublished field data
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Elgood Limestone Member (Glen Massey Formation), Whaingaroan (34.3 - 27.3 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Probably from the Elgood Limestone Member of the Glen Massey Formation. AGE: lower Whaingaroan (early Oligocene), on the basis of macrofossil biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position in unit.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: open shallow subtidal; lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Grange in 1920; reposited in the IGNS
• COLLECTOR: Grange, A.L., 1920. REPOSITORY: GNS, New Zealand.
Primary reference: R. A. Henderson. 1975. Cenozoic Spatangoid Echinoids from New Zealand. New Zealand Geological Survey Paleontological Bulletin 46:1-129 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 155826: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 02.05.2014
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)