Also known as Badwater Locality 19
Where: Natrona County, Wyoming (43.3° N, 107.5° W: paleocoordinates 44.7° N, 99.4° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Orellan (33.9 - 33.3 Ma)
• from a single siltstone lends within an unnamed Oligocene formation overlying the Hendry Ranch Mbr.
•Orellan according to Korth 1981, Lillegraven et al. 1981, Krishtalka and Stucky 1983b, Korth 1994; Whitneyan according to Setoguchi and Emry et al. 1987
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lacustrine - small; tuffaceous, brown siltstone and lenticular, calcareous siltstone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• "More than fifteen hundred identifiable specimens... two tons of matrix were washed"
Primary reference: T. Setoguchi. 1978. Paleontology and geology of the Badwater Creek area, central Wyoming. Part 16. The Cedar Ridge local fauna (late Oligocene). Bulletin of Carnegie Museum of Natural History 9:1-61 [J. Alroy/J. Alroy/J. Head]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 17318: authorized by John Alroy, entered by John Alroy on 18.02.1993
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)