Where: Cataluna, Spain (41.6° N, 1.8° E: paleocoordinates 5.2° N, 15.5° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Ladinian (242.0 - 237.0 Ma)
• Upper Muschelkalk facies (M3), equivalent to La Riba Reef Formation. Multiple bedding surfaces in the quarry.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shallow subtidal; lime mudstone and marl
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying, surface (in situ),
• Specimens collected with power tools.
Primary reference: A. B. Smith and J. Gallemi. 1991. Middle Triassic holothurians from northern Spain. Palaeontology 34(1):49-76 [D. Bottjer/M. Clapham/M. Clapham]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 44260: authorized by David Bottjer, entered by Matthew Clapham on 07.09.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)