Where: Spain (37.9° N, 5.6° W: paleocoordinates 49.6° S, 108.2° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: La Tierna Member (Torreárboles Formation), Nemakit-Daldynian (541.0 - 530.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From La Tierna Mbr of the Torreáboles Fm, which unconformably overlies a Precambrian volcano-sedimentary complex, and is apparently conformably overlain by the Campoallá series. THICKNESS: From single bedding plane within member. AGE: Cordubvan age, equivalent to the Nemakit-Daldynian plus the Tommorian, as indicated by trace fossils (Fedonkin etl, 1985, Liñán, 1984). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From bedding plane within lower part of the La Tierna Member.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: foreshore; lithified sandstone and conglomerate
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Mayoral et al.
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Observed in the field by authors. REPOSITORY: Type material remains in the field, but replicas of the holotype are found in the MPZ (Museo Paleontologico de la Universidad de Zarafoiza-Gobierno de Aragon). Replica of paratype material is found at the Museo de Geologia de la Univesidad de Sevilla (MGUS)
Primary reference: E. Mayoral, E. Liñán, J. A. Gámez Vintaned, F. Muñiz, and R. Gozalo. 2004. Stranded jellyfish in the lowermost Cambrian (Corduban) of Spain. Revista española de paleontología 19(2):191-198 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/J. Alroy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 76575: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 23.11.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)