Where: India (34.2° N, 74.8° E: paleocoordinates 7.2° N, 69.1° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Upper Ranikot Group, Early/Lower Eocene (55.8 - 48.6 Ma)
• Limestone unit (45 ft thick) at top of 365 ft thick section, overlying shale. This is the lowermost Upper Ranikot, and conformably overlies the Lower Ranikot Series, and is unconformably overlain by the Laki Series. The upper 300 ft of this section (including the collection) correspond to Vredenburg's Zone 2. Evidence for the lower Eocene age assignment is not presented, but the enterer suspects a microfaunal basis. Unit numbering is of the enterer's iniative and is numbered from bottom to top, each unit representing each of the author's lithological subdivisions.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shelly/skeletal, brown, yellow limestone
Size classes: macrofossils, microfossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Observations assumed to be undertaken by the author. No collections reported.
Primary reference: D.F.C. Nuttall. 1932. The stratigraphy of the upper Ranikot Series (Lower Eocene) of Sind, India. Records of the Geological Society of India 35:306-313 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 42873: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 06.08.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)