Also known as Record #10
Where: Douglas County, Oregon (43.2° N, 123.2° W: paleocoordinates 47.2° N, 104.2° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Berrry Creek Member (White Tail Ridge Formation), Ypresian (56.0 - 47.8 Ma)
• Presumably from the Berry Creek Member of the White Tail Ridge Formation, Umpqua Group. This is equivalent to strata formely referred to as White Tail Member, Okalla Creek Member, and Umpqua Formation and time equivalent to Lookingglass and Flournoy Formation. The White Tail Ridge Formation unconformably overlies the Tenmile Formation and underlies the Camas Valley Member. Macrofossil biostratigraphy suggests an late Early Eocene to early Middle Eocene age, but the member is more precisely dated as Ulatisian (C23n/r/CP11)=Ypresian.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: transition zone or lower shoreface; poorly lithified, bioturbated, fine-grained, medium, pebbly, shelly/skeletal sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collected by L. Marincovich (1992). Collections presumably reposited at USGS Menlo Park or USNM.
Primary reference: R. E. Wells, A. S. Jayko, A.R. Niem, G. Black, T. Wiley, E. Baldwin, K. Molenaar, K.L. Wheeler, C.B. DuRoss and R.W. Givler. 2000. Geologic Map and Database of the Roseburg 30 x 60' Quadrangle, Douglas and Coos Counties, Oregon. United States Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-367 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 52272: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 02.08.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)