Also known as Cape San Vigilio
Where: Italy (46.1° N, 12.4° E: paleocoordinates 32.3° N, 21.9° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: San Viligio Oolite Formation (San Viligio Group), Late/Upper Toarcian (180.1 - 175.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Oolite di San Viligio, for which lithostratigraphic data is not reported. AGE: Late Toarcian-Early Bajocian; absence of typical Bajocian taxa; placed in Toarcian to avoid stratigraphic orphaning. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, ooidal limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Vacek
• COLLECTOR: Vacek. REPOSITORY: Geologische Bundesanstalt, Vienna.
Primary reference: M. A. Conti and J. Szabó. 1989. A revision of the Jurassic gastropod fauna from Cape San Vigilio (S-Alps, Italy), published by M. Vacek (1886). Fragmenta Mineralogica er Palaeontologica 14:29-40 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 91410: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 19.09.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)