Where: Ecuador (1.0° N, 79.7° W: paleocoordinates 0.8° N, 78.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Esmeraldas Formation, Early/Lower Pliocene (5.3 - 3.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Esmeraldas Formation, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Early Pliocene; upper part of the Globorotalia margarita Zone according to personal communication of F. Rögl. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel, Switzerland (NMB).
Primary reference: P. Jung. 1989. Revision of the Strombina-group (Gastropoda; Columbellidae), fossil and living. Schweierische Paläontologische Abhandlungen 111:1-298 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 131293: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 22.07.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)