Where: Japan (39.9° N, 141.9° E: paleocoordinates 53.1° N, 140.9° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Hiraiga Formation, Late/Upper Aptian (122.5 - 112.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Hiraiga Fm. AGE: Late Aptian; justification for age not reported in text. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From the middle part of the lower cycle of the Hiraiga Fm.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, fine-grained, shelly/skeletal, calcareous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Hanai & Hanai
• COLLECTOR: T. Hanai and I. Hanai. REPOSITORY: Not stated in text.
Primary reference: T. Kase. 1984. Early Cretaceous marine and brackish-water Gastropoda from Japan 1-262 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 91286: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 14.09.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)