Where: Chile (37.8° S, 73.3° W: paleocoordinates 37.9° S, 72.8° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Tubul Formation, Early/Lower Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.8 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Tubul Fm, which is overlies the Ranquil Fm (Late Miocene). AGE: Dated as middle Pliocene (Martínez and Osorio, 1968), late Pliocene (Martínez, 1976), but is regarded as Early Pleistocene in the present publciation, on the basis of macrofossil and microfossil biostratigraphy.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lagoonal; lithified, tuffaceous, gray, sandy mudstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite
Collected by Biro
Collection methods: bulk, surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: L. Biró. REPOSITORY: Universidad de Concepción, Chile.
Primary reference: S. N. Nielson and C. Valdovinos. 2008. Early Pleistocene mollusks of the Tubul Formation, south-central Chile. The Nautilus 122(4):201-216 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 89241: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 11.05.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)