Where: Northern Territory, Australia (25.5° S, 134.0° E: paleocoordinates 15.6° N, 170.4° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Stairway Sandstone Formation, Arenig (478.6 - 466.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Stairway Sandstone, which overlies the Horn Valley Siltstone (late Early Ordovician), and is gradationally overlain by the Stokes Siltstone (Late Ordovician). AGE: late
•Arenigian to early Llanvirnian, on the basis of conodont biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Fossils collected from scree.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Not specified, but multiple collectors. REPOSITORY: Bureau of Mineral Resources, Canberra.
Primary reference: A. Ritchie and J. Gilbert-Tomlinson. 1977. First Ordovician vertebrates from the Southern Hemisphere. Alcheringa 1:351-368 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90382: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 18.07.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)