Where: Chile (53.6° S, 69.6° W: paleocoordinates 56.1° S, 59.5° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Lutetian to Lutetian (47.8 - 38.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Late Eocene in paper. Presumably from Boqueron Formation dated to the late Lutetian (43.7-41.8 Ma for lower part) or Bartonian by Malumián et al. (2013). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From fossiliferous concretion in dark shales.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; lithified, concretionary, glauconitic shale
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the PRI
• COLLECTOR: K. Palmer? or Standard Oil Company. REPOSITORY: Paleontological Research Institute.
Primary reference: T. H. Withers. 1951. Cretaceous and Eocene peduncles of the Cirripede Euscalpellum. Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History), Geology 1(5):149-162 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 159932: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 12.08.2014
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)