Where: Xinjiang, China (45.1° N, 83.4° E: paleocoordinates 7.7° S, 77.4° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Llandeilo (466.0 - 449.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From cherts of the Kekesayi terrane, which overlie basaltic hydroclastite, and are overlain by tuff and clastic material. AGE: Llandeilo, on the basis of conodont biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From sample T118, near middle of section, at 9-12 m in text-fig. 3 of Buckman & Aitchison (2001).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, red chert
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Buckman & Aitchison
Collection methods: bulk, hydroflouric, sieve,
• COLLECTION METHODS: Processed using standard hydrofluoric extraction techniques. COLLECTORS: Buckman & Aitchison. REPOSITORY: Not stated in text, but possibly the Department of Earth Science, University of Hong Kong.
Primary reference: S. Buckman and J. C. Aitchison. 2001. Middle Ordovician (Llandeilan) Radiolarians from West Junggar, Xinjiang, China. Micropaleontology 47(4):359-367 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90914: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 26.08.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)