Where: Dominican Republic (19.5° N, 71.3° W: paleocoordinates 19.5° N, 70.7° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Cercado Formation, Messinian (7.2 - 5.3 Ma)
• AGE: direct date from Cheetham et al. (1999). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: unit C3 (225-280 m).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified sandstone and lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: surface (in situ), peel or thin section,
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel, Switzerland (NMB).
Primary reference: J. B. Saunders, P. Jung, and B. Biju-Duval. 1986. Neogene Paleontology in the Northern Dominican Republic: 1. Field Surveys, Lithology, Environment, and Age. Bulletins of American Paleontology 89(323):1-79 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 84983: authorized by Wolfgang Kiessling, entered by Uta Merkel on 19.11.2008, edited by Austin Hendy and Mihaela Krause
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)