Where: Trinidad and Tobago (10.2° N, 62.0° W: paleocoordinates 8.3° N, 55.4° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Boca de Serpiente Formation, Priabonian (38.0 - 33.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unnamed lithostratigraphic unit. Presumably underlies supposed Oligocene beds. AGE: Early Eocene, based on authors suggestion of "basal Eocene", correlations to Midway Eocene beds and Clayton, Georgia. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From bed 8, near top of section.
•JA: assigned to the (new) Boca de Serpiente Formation and said to be "uppermost Eocene, namely Ludian" = Priabonian by Maury 1929
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: open shallow subtidal; lithified, green, red ironstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Veatch & Maury; reposited in the PRI
• COLLECTORS: A. Veatch and C. Maury, c. 1912. REPOSITORY: PRI, Ithaca (NY).
Primary reference: C. J. Maury. 1912. A contribution to the paleontology of Trinidad. Journal of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia 15:1-112 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 80172: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 07.04.2008, edited by Marko Manojlovic
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)